Blackberries are one of the fruits of summer! In this delicious Blackberry Barbeque Sauce they are combined with ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, cayenne, and red wine vinegar. The result is a delightfully sweet, yet pungent sauce that is great for duck, pork, and ribs. Use Blackberry Barbeque Sauce to baste while grilling.
Ingredients for Blackberry Barbeque Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup blackberry preserves
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 small green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 pinch smoked sea salt
- Stir ketchup, blackberry preserves, bourbon, green onions, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and sea salt together in a bowl. Baste pork, duck or ribs while grilling.