This delicious bourbon whiskey bbq sauce recipe is a great sauce for glazing bbq ribs and as a dipping sauce . This flavorful barbeque sauce is best when prepared and then refrigerated for 2-3 days, so the flavors blend.
Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
Makes 4 cups of bourbon whiskey bbq sauce
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 3/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, and whiskey. Simmer mixture for 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent and soft. Mix in the remaining ingredients, ground black pepper, salt, ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, liquid smoke, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 30 minutes. Run sauce through a strainer if you prefer a smooth sauce.
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 30 mins
- READY IN 45 mins