A delicious recipe for savory mac and cheese with the delightful crunch of tasty bacon.
Recipe makes 6 (1 cup) servings
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3-4 slices of bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package. Melt butter in a large saucepan on low heat. Stir in flour, cook 2 minutes or until bubbly. Gradually stir in milk, cook on medium heat until mixture comes to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer on low heat 3 to 5 min. or until thickened. Add 1 1/2 cups cheese,cook and stir 5 min. or until melted.
- Drain macaroni. Add to sauce with bacon, lightly mixing. Spoon into 1 1/2 quart casserole; top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 min. or until heated through.
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- READY IN 40 mins