If you have ever visited a Brazilian churrascaria, these flavorful beef ribs will take you right back. Lightly seasoned and incredibly tender, this beef rib recipe is unlike any other.
Recipe makes 12 servings
- 1 rack of beef ribs (appx. 3lbs.)
- 3 tablespoons sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C)
- Remove the membrane from the beef ribs by placing the rack of beef ribs on your work surface, shiny white membrane facing up. Place the blade of a sharp knife under the membrane at one end, and slice the membrane off the meat in a single piece, if possible and discard. Thoroughly rub the ribs with sea salt on both sides. Place the ribs onto the cooking rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake the beef ribs for about 6 hours, until tender. Lightly baste the beef ribs with water (use beef broth if you prefer) after the first 1 1/2 hours, being careful not to dislodge the salt. Baste again every 45 minutes to 1 hour; after 6 hours of total cooking time, remove from the oven, allowing to rest 10 to 15 minutes before slicing up into servings.
- PREP 16 mins
- COOK 6 hours
- READY IN 6 hours 30 mins