Corn on the cob is a perfect side dish for any BBQ or summer party. This Mexican Grilled Corn (Elote) recipe combines zesty seasonings that compliment fresh and sweet roasted corn perfectly. The cheese, that is another story, it makes this reciepe out of this world!
Mexican Grilled Corn Ingredients:
Recipe makes 8 servings
- 8 ears of corn, husked
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese, Parmesan, or ricotta salata
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Build a medium-high fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to high. Brush grill grate with oil. Mix chile powder and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Grill corn on the cob, turning occasionally with tongs, until cooked through and lightly charred, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from grill and lightly brush each ear with 1½ tsp. mayonnaise or butter. Sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp. cheese and a pinch of chile powder mixture. Squeeze 1 lime wedge over each ear and serve.
- PREP 10 mins
- COOK 10 mins
- READY IN 20 mins