Kalbi is a staple of Korean fine dining and is fairly easy to make at home. This delicious rib recipe will leave your guests asking for more. Traditionally Korean Short Ribs should be served sliced, rolled in romaine lettuce leaves, and served with white rice, lightly browned garlic slices, and gochujang (Korean red pepper paste).
Korean Short Ribs Ingredients:
Recipe makes 4 servings
- 2 pounds Korean-style short ribs (beef chuck flanken, cut 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick across bones)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- In a bowl mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, green onions, and sesame oil until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the ribs in a large plastic zipper bag. Pour the prepared marinade over the ribs, squeeze out all the air, and refrigerate the bag for 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove the ribs from the bag, shake off the excess marinade and discard any marinade that remains. Grill the ribs on the until the meat is still slightly pink but not bloody nearest the bone (5 to 7 minutes per side).
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 15 mins
- READY IN 4 hr 30 mins