A good old fashioned traditional potato salad recipe that brings back memories of picnics in the park and family gatherings.
Ingredients for Potato Salad:
- 5 pounds red potatoes
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of green olives, sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- paprika (for decoration/topping)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook for appx. 20 minutes, or until tender but still firm. Drain, cool and cut into cubes.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop into small pieces. I usually save two eggs to slice and decorate the top of the dish with.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped potatoes and eggs. Mix together mayonnaise, chopped onion, green onion, green pepper, and celery. Season with salt and pepper, then mix well. For added decoration, save 2 of the eggs, slice and decorate the top of the dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- PREP 30 mins
- COOK 30 mins
- READY IN 3 hrs